Simple command line interface to KiCad, seeking comments

I have written a command string parser based on Python and postfix processing (think HP calculators or the programming language Forth). It ended up being quite useful to me.

I would love some feedback!

It works on the nightly version of KiCad as an ActionPlugin and is dead simple to install and use. The goal, as mentioned in the forums thread, is to "make simple things easy, and complex things possible".

I've called it KiCommand.

GitHub:
https://github.com/HiGregSmith/KiCommand

KiCad Forums thread:
https://forum.kicad.info/t/kicommand-released-on-github-easy-pcbnew-command-strings-is-there-any-interest/7694

The best place to start is the README on github since the thread details the development and includes some things that were changed in the released version.

I think it's a powerful yet simple scripting interface to KiCad that simplifies some tasks. It is NOT meant to replace the Python API, but augment it such that it might be more accessible to non programmers.

A few (6-10) people have expressed interest on the thread and I hope are testing it now.

There is still a lot of work to do to create commands within the interface, but I have found that many things are possible with the supplied access to the native Python API.

Comments encouraged!

Greg S.