Re: KiCad Libraries (again)

A further issue that has cropped up twice in the last hour: Library
licensing

https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-library/issues/1259#issuecomment-330374095

https://forum.kicad.info/t/default-libraries-gpl-licencing-vs-proprietary-
designs/140/8

We have been discussing this for a while in this thread -
https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg28181.html

It initially looked like we had a consensus but then it quickly devolved
and never reached a conclusion.

*Without entering into the same back-and-forth again, *and with the
following stipulations:

a) All libraries will have the same license agreeement
b) A single LICENSE.md file will suffice

What license should we be using?

1. CC-BY-SA - This is what Wayne originally suggested IIRC
2. modified GPL similar to gEDA license?

I need a consensus on this so I can add the license files to the
repositories and add the information to the website.

Cheers,
Oliver