Re: GitHub Plugin (my nemesis)

And by the way, this would be a feature that is completely new to the market (correct me if I'm wrong). Git integration into eda software.
I only know of altium that has an svn interface and a proprietary vault. The features both of which could be (at some point) realized using git.
Innovation is fun :-)

The idea of modifying a footprint from the standard lib, and generating a patch that could be directly send to the maintainers (maybe using the very new library website) would make contributing very easy!