Re: GitHub Plugin (my nemesis)

Just to be clear, currently, the plugin does not use GIT. It uses a
proprietary GitHub Interface.

I also checked out gitslave and similar stuff some time ago, but
internally, I was not really satisfied.
One point against something like this might be, that we actually make
the work of the maintainers even harder (?) by expecting them to use a
specific tool that is not even available on Windows (?). After all, the
idea is to make their life easier (and if there might pop out a standard
GIT Plugin at the end, nobody would complain :-))

Looks like this is a really hard problem to solve using the standard
tools and protocols :-(