Re: KiCad Library Download Page

On 11/03/2017 01:31 AM, Oliver Walters wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Stage 2 of ? of the library update project is underway.
>
> Idea: A downloads page for the libraries that presents individual libraries
> for download, and users can preview the data available in the libraries.
>
> This is auto-built based on the latest library data.
>
> Preview: https://kicad.github.io/symbols/
>
> I have wrangled the GitHub pages tool along with Travis CI to auto-build
> these pages. It provides compressed downloads of symbol libs thus far.
>
> To do:
>
> 1. Downloads for footprint libs
> 2. Downloads for 3D models
> 3. Improve scripts so that data that have not changed are not recompressed
> (reduce build time and also remove useless git updates)
>
> Thoughts?

Awesome! At one point a search bar and symbol/footprint previews would
be nice add-ons, but I already like the page in the current form.
Thank you Oliver and other librarians, I see a lot of great work on the
libraries being done recently. I am happy to see you care about the way
the contents is presented to the users.

Cheers,
Orson