Re: [FEATURE] Array 3D models

Seth, for the STEP export that would be a better idea, I can look into how
to implement that in the kicad2step tool.

Wayne, if you are completely against this as a feature, then I shan't spend
any more time on it, but:

1. I think it is a useful feature to have even if it is not the "right" way
to solve the current 3D library issues. That was only one motivating
factor. I still think it is useful.
2. In terms of "code clarity" - take a look at the patch set, I don't think
it will cause any issues for readability.
3. There are some bug fixes and code cleanup that I have performed as part
of this patch set.
4. If I can use the STEP format array_placement as Seth suggests, then the
internal representation of the exported STEP file will be improved

Regarding STEP / WRL comparisons - That's a separate issue to what is being
discussed here. This patch works just as well for .wrl or .step models.