Re: [REQUEST] Default library install location

Doing a one-time copy from the system, copy on write like Nick suggested or
just having kicad download the libraries itself would be the only real
solutions IMO. Having the installer write to user directories is a no-no
specially since there can be new users added to the system after kicad gets
installed, who will have a "broken" install. The copying system in kicad
also needs to offer at least the most rudimentary mechanism for upgrading
the user's copies of the library when the system library gets updated (when
kicad gets upgraded). That should NOT be an automatic process though, as it
would be useful and expected that the user could review the change before
touching the libraries.

Also, for users like me that do not use the kicad library, if kicad doesn't
get installed with libraries none of this copying would happen anyway.