Re: Library Editor refactor

2017-11-21 <20%2017%2011%2021> 9:43 GMT+01:00 Maciej Sumiński <
maciej.suminski@xxxxxxx>:

> On 11/20/2017 11:16 PM, Nick Østergaard wrote:
> > Hello Maciej,
>
> Hi Nick,
>
> > I have some comments:
> >
> > First of all, it looks quite neat.
>
> I am glad to hear that. Thank you for the test ride!
>
> > Secondly I noticed a small thing. When I open the symbol library editor
> and
> > it open in a small window and i resize it (make it bigger). The canvas
> > contains some resizing artefacts, but if I zoom on step with the scroll
> > whell and resize the window these aretefacts are not present. I am
> > guessing: Maybe something needs to be initialized, or maybe it only draws
> > the viewable area initially, but have a bigger area cached after a zoom
> > action.
> >
> > Thirdly it seems strange to me that when I edit something (move a pin)
> and
> > try to close the editor it asks me to selct a library. Hmm, ok? The
> dialog
> > is named "Save Libraries", but there is no OK or cancel button. This is
> > stange and unexpected. This means that I can't really save or reject my
> > changes.
>
> Indeed these two points are unexpected. Do you use an exotic window
> manager? I tested the new library editor with awm (I consider it
> somewhat unusual wm) on Linux, xfce on Linux and Windows 7. I could not
> reproduce the problems on any of the mentioned configurations.

No, normally I use i3, but this time I used a default gnome3 desktop on
archlinux. Dunno what the window manager is called nowadays.

It is required to start in a floating small window to be able to see the
effect from point my second point.

So you say that the "Save Libraries" dialog gives you the ability to
confirm or reject?  I mean I have the window managers close button but, the
check boxes and the select all and select none buttons. But no Save/OK or
Cancel button.