Re: Library Editor refactor

> Hi Nick,
>
> On 11/22/2017 12:04 AM, Nick Østergaard wrote:
> > Thank your for fixing. Seems to address the issue. Some minor things
> about
> > it.
> >
> > It seems that it adds about two lines of whitespace inside that box where
> > the checkboxes are, even if I edit more libs.
>
> Do you mean *less* libraries? I can see some empty space if I modify
> only one or two libraries. I do not consider this a show stopper though.

I mean more, but it does not matter. The space is static.

> > And I canot not select/deselect with the space key when I highlighted a
> > row. But I guess you didn't intend to implement that.
>
> I can do that in awm, gnome and xfce. I did not want to boot Windows
> just to see if it is possible, but I believe it should work there too. I
> think this is normally supported by wxWidgets, I cannot tell why it does
> not work on your machine.

Maybe the selection scope is different somehow.

> > Thank you, not it can be used at least. :)
> >
> > I also see that you didn't change the tree behaivour when searching.
>
> Actually, I did. Try this:
> - expand a few nodes
> - start filtering by entering a search query
> (some nodes collapse, the search results are exposed)
> - clear the search query
> - note the initial nodes are expanded again

Hmm, I didn't notice this.

> The expanded nodes are restored only when you stop filtering. I think it
> makes sense, as you probably want to focus on the search results rather
> than the libraries you have expanded earlier.

Sounds good.

> What do you think? Should the nodes expanded before filtering stay
> expanded when you search for a specific component?

No. When searching it should just expand the libs with subresults that
match the query. But this didn't happen for me. I can retest when I get
home. I didn't note the commit tested.