Re: Library Editor refactor

On 11/22/2017 02:28 PM, jp charras wrote:
> Le 21/11/2017 à 23:49, Maciej Suminski a écrit :
>> I have just managed to fix the last issue (disappearing buttons in 'Save
>> Library' dialog) and pushed the code to the master branch.
>>
>> Thank you for testing and comments, I really appreciate it. Now let's
>> have a look at the abandoned patches on the mailing list and the bug
>> tracker..
>>
>> Regards,
>> Orson
>

> Hi Orson,
>
> With the new lib editor, I do not understand how I can copy a symbol from a library and to save it
> in an other library.
>
> I perhaps missed something, but I am unable to select a new library to save the loaded (and perhaps
> modified) symbol.
> (This is a common case when you want to create a symbol library for the project).
>
> I can only export a symbol in a dummy file, and after select a new lib and import this dummy file.
>

> Thanks.

Hi Jean-Pierre,

There are three ways to do it:
- In the component tree, right click on a part you want to copy and
select 'Copy'. Then right click on the target library and select 'Paste
Part'.

- Export a part and then import it to another library (as you described).

- Open a part, select everything, right click on the canvas and select
'Copy Block'. Then create a new part then click Paste icon on the top
toolbar.

Regards,
Orson