Re: New feature notifications (was: Library Editor refactor)

On 11/22/2017 02:48 PM, Marco Ciampa wrote:
[snip]
> Please please please,
>
> when some new feature is accepted (code merged in master branch), either
> write it in the dev (master) branch of the documentation or somewhere to
> enable doc writers to describe the new feature... (wiki? txt in the
> source code? Bug Report?)
>
> I think that a simple description in a bug report is the easiest way to
> assure that new features get correctly described in the docs.
> Parsing dev ml messages for these "hints" is IMHO unmanageable...
>
> TIA

Hi Marco,

I thought we are supposed to use tags in commit messages (NEW, CHANGE)
[1]. I can create a bug report in the documentation repository, if this
is the preferred way. If so, then I suppose it should be made a policy.

I am afraid it might be hard to follow for occasional patch submitters,
should it be the committer responsible for creating a bug report?

Regards,
Orson

1. https://git.launchpad.net/kicad/commit/?id=527c6f0014b03