Re: New feature notifications

On 11/22/2017 10:16 AM, Maciej Sumiński wrote:
> On 11/22/2017 03:55 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> On 11/22/2017 08:55 AM, Maciej Sumiński wrote:
>>> On 11/22/2017 02:48 PM, Marco Ciampa wrote:
>>> [snip]

>>> Hi Marco,
>>>
>>> I thought we are supposed to use tags in commit messages (NEW, CHANGE)
>>> [1]. I can create a bug report in the documentation repository, if this
>>> is the preferred way. If so, then I suppose it should be made a policy.
>>
>> You are and you did.  Nice job!  The real question is how does this
>> information make it from the source repo commit messages to doc devs so
>> the docs can be updated accordingly?
>
> For example:
>
>   git log --grep="CHANGE[D]\?:\|REMOVE[D]\?:\|NEW:"
>
> I can turn it into an alias and add it to the same files that handles
> 'git fixes' command. You can also extend the query with a date or a
> commit hash. This way, once you enable the git alias configuration you
> may type:
>
>   git changelog --since="1 Jan 2017"
>
> or
>
>   git changelog 527c6f001

Sorry about the miscommunication .  I am aware of how to extract the
information from git but I meant how does this information get to the
doc devs?  Are we expecting doc devs to periodically check the source
repo or do we want to do something more sophisticated like sending a
notice to the doc dev mailing list when a change is committed that
requires changes to the docs?  I'm not saying this is what I want and
I'm OK with whatever we decide, I'm just asking the question.