Re: Getting kicad to work with wxPython Phoenix

Am 23.11.2017 um 17:28 schrieb Wayne Stambaugh:
>> The short version: Kicad will probably want to wait to move to the
>> Phoenix version of wxPython.
>
> Not until they are package in Debian stable.  This is my litmus test for
> availability of new dependencies.  I do not want kicad to be in the
> business of building dependencies.  We have already traveled down that
> road and it was not a fun journey.

Right now nobody has intended to do the packaging work for this new
version / fork.
If someone wants to step in I'm happily will helping to forward contacts
to the wxWidget maintainers.

https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?email=freewx-maint%40lists.alioth.debian.org

Or at least a packaging request (RFP) should someone file to show up
there is a interest for getting the package into the archive.

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert