Re: Getting kicad to work with wxPython Phoenix

On 11/23/2017 03:44 PM, Carsten Schoenert wrote:
> Am 23.11.2017 um 17:28 schrieb Wayne Stambaugh:
>>> The short version: Kicad will probably want to wait to move to the
>>> Phoenix version of wxPython.
>>
>> Not until they are package in Debian stable.  This is my litmus test for
>> availability of new dependencies.  I do not want kicad to be in the
>> business of building dependencies.  We have already traveled down that
>> road and it was not a fun journey.
>
> Right now nobody has intended to do the packaging work for this new
> version / fork.
> If someone wants to step in I'm happily will helping to forward contacts
> to the wxWidget maintainers.
>
> https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?email=freewx-maint%40lists.alioth.debian.org
>
> Or at least a packaging request (RFP) should someone file to show up
> there is a interest for getting the package into the archive.

I'm surprised there is no RFP for phoenix yet given that it will (has)
become the replacement for wxpython.  wxpython is a dead code base as
far as I know.  I certainly can create an RFP for phoenix but I am in no
position to actually help with the packaging.

Cheers,