Re: Migrating old designs best practice

This is *the* fatal flaw with the cache library.  User's assume it is
stale symbols or a temporary copy.  It is not.  It is a snapshot of the
current library symbols linked to the symbols in the schematic.  It gets
refreshed every time the schematic is saved.  Once you delete this file
or keep an out of date copy using cvs, all bets are off.  It is only a
matter of time before one of your symbol libraries changes or gets
removed and you will end up with a broken schematic.  The rescue code
depends on the cache being up to date in order preserve you schematic.
If the cache is not current, the rescuing cannot be guaranteed.