Re: Signal integrity simulation within Kicad

On 30/11/17 00:18, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Per our previous conversation, if you want to write your solver in C++,
> then I would prefer that you do it as part of a solver plugin rather
> than a command event handler in Pcbnew.  I image there would be other
> uses for a solver plugin object such as a thermal mapping solver which
> has been proposed in the past.  The other option would be to use the
> Python action object and write the entire solver in Python rather than
> C++.  That may make your life a bit easier.

Hi Wayne,

I fully agree about the C++ part, but I would object doing it in Python
given the current state of pcbnew's Python support. It's not mature
enough IMHO to allow development of large plugins.

BTW - I guess the plugin part is rather trivial compared to the actual
solver, which I believe is not Kicad-dependent?

Cheers,
Tom