Re: file format change and STEP exporter

Indeed, it is much easier to just re-parse pcb files than it is to extract
data using the internal APIs. The intention is for that to be temporary
until the internal api improves to the point where writing something
interfacing with it wont be a pile of workarounds for quirks and sharp
corners. If anything, it is a testament to the improvement the s-expr
format brought to kicad, being so easy to parse and work with external
tools.