Re: Getting patches committed

Hey Jeff,

The preferred method is for you to use git and committing your changes
to your local repo (all commits in git are local) then using `git
format-patch` to submit your patches.  Using `git format-patch`
eliminates the need for busy lead developers from having to enter your
author information and writing a commit message in order to merge your
patch.  I haven't looked at your patches but if you are not aware, kicad
has both a coding stype policy[1] and a commit message policy[2].
Following both these will goe a long way to getting you patches merged.
The other thing that helps is patience.  All of the kicad lead
developers are part time, volunteers, or both so they are typically busy
and not always able to review patches in as timely a manner as we would
like.

Cheers,

Wayne

[1]: