Library Editor Question

​Oliver noticed an issue with the double-click handling as it is
implemented in the Library Editor.  The bug report is at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1738694

The issue comes down to the differences in how the library editor was
tracking the current item as opposed to how this is done in the schematic
editor and pcbnew.  I posted a proposed patch to the bug report that
harmonizes how the library editor handles its current item with the
schematic editor and pcbnew.  This resolves the bug issue but it is fairly
invasive in that is changes most of the command handling routines.

Thus my question:  Often these sorts of odd corners where one
implementation is different exist historically for a reason.  Is there a
reason that the current item handling in the library editor is different
that I might be subtly breaking by ​pushing the current item tracking up to
the base_screen?

Thanks!
Seth

Follow ups