Re: Windows nightly certificate

Hi,

On 23.12.2017 21:00, Dominik B. wrote:

> it seems there are some issues with signing the windows nightly builds.
> At least for me windows warns me about an unknown publisher.

Yes, rules for code signing certificates have changed, and it is
difficult to get a cert that is usable for nightly builds.

There is only one company still offering code signing certificates to
individuals (all others require a registered company), and only one
company offering "non-EV" certificates that work without a smartcard,
but none that offers both.

Current plan:

 - yell on the Microsoft forums about the problem
 - get my attorney and tax advisor into the same room and have them
prepare the paperwork for an EV certificate
 - sign nightlies manually until a better solution pops up

A possible better solution would be to prepare an installer package that
installs a test signing certificate — there seems to be a provision for
code signing certificates that can only be used for specific "product"
GUIDs, specifically to allow people to distribute test builds, but
documentation on that is scarce and assumes that all machines that the
program will be tested on are part of the same Windows administrative
domain.

   Simon