Re: Default Canvas for v5

The same settings that were set during your first startup currently, but behind the scenes, a wizard would just give you the option of choosing, or going with the "default"

On 2017-12-31 23:11, Simon Wells wrote:
the big problem i have with setup wizards is it is not always obvious which options will be or were set by the setup dialog

Simon

On 1/01/2018, at 11:08 AM, Kristoffer Ödmark <kristofferodmark90@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:kristofferodmark90@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

There is still some functionality in it that is missing from what I gather.

I do like the idea that just having an "enable hw acceleration" button or switch in the nagdialog, it feels proffessional, and most people will try it i think.

Also, these problems seems like there could be some benefit of having a setup wizard, IE a series of nagdialogs that is only run once, and can be reenabled when new user choices are mandated( download libraries, dark/light theme, standard projects folder, hardware/software rendering)

I think changing so that the only option is to run with or without HW acceleration should be a good goal for v6, along with _maybe_ having a setup wizard.

-Kristoffer