Re: Stable 5 branch status

As an end user who has projects from well over 10 years ago and who has
lurked on the development mailing list since the diode pin numbering (yes,
opening old projects still get messages diode pin numbering) I want to
thank you for ensuring there is a way to back out of remapping.  I am not
infrequently opening an old schematic on a new system, getting messages
about library issues with very poor suggestions about how to fix them,
exiting Kicad and then editing schematics or project files with text
editors to get the proper symbols loaded.  If the project or schematic
changed just by trying to see what needed fixing that would be end for me.

Thanks for taking the feedback and altering course.

Mike

FYI - joined a new outfit and cancelled a migration from Kicad to Altium
when even the Altium sales people could not articulate what we would gain.
When you look at the stuff like the FreeCad plugins to help with 3D and the
numerous BOM options (and source code you can customize) to help with
product management its hard to beat the Kicad extended ecosystem.