kicad-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: Libedit and Modedit Icons
And I like Oliver’s proposed icons. I’d suggest two further changes though:
1) The schematic icon (which Oliver didn’t change) should really use the default colours (dark red symbols, green wires). Then there’s a stronger tie-in with the libedit icon.
2) I think I’d drop the dimensions from the modedit icon, and change the pad colour to the default (yellow).
3) Projects should use the current New Project icon, rather than the application icon.
4) Both the New Project and New Project from Template icons should get yellow “new” star.
5) New Footprint in modedit also needs the star, and the star on New Symbol in libedit made more prominent.
> On 6 Jan 2018, at 12:30, Oliver Walters <oliver.henry.walters@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think there is a need to tweak the libedit and modedit icons, as identified below:
> 1. The blue 'textured' background is out of place with the other icons
> 2. They are very cluttered and hard to read
> 3. Weirdly specific callout of dimensions and part names (out of character with other icons)
> Further, I think that the pcbnew icon could be adjusted slightly to make it look a bit more like a PCB
> Even as someone who uses KiCad on a regular basis I find myself double checking which icon I am about to click on (and still getting it wrong half of the time).
> Below is a *suggestion* of some improvements. I am not trying to back my own horse here, I'd be happy for anyone else to suggest a better design for any of these. But I feel that changing these icons would be a good improvement to make before the v5 release. There have been many people complaining about these icons in particular, both here and on the user forums.
> Is this a worthwhile endeavor, or are people attached to the weird blue icons?
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kicad-developers
> Post to : kicad-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kicad-developers
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp