Re: Exchange/update footprints proposal

Hi Wayne,

I think there’s a compromise in here somewhere, but I think you might have missed my main point which is that I don’t like conflating Change and Update.  They are not related in the user’s mind (even if the code is somewhat similar).

Most of your comments relate to Change.  I wasn’t actually suggesting any changes there (other than removing the 4th global update option).

The two Update commands I suggested are additions.  We’d still have the Change stuff (and I like your empty-selection addition).

Cheers,
Jeff.