Re: One more quick plug for reducing "Clarify Selection" dialogs

Hi Wayne,

Well, the bug has a heat of 22, so it’s definitely not just me. ;)

My change doesn’t alter the dragging or selecting behaviour.  All it does is keep an extraneous “Clarify Selection” menu from coming up (which I think all our users would consider a bug).  What we currently do in these situations is akin to popping up a “Clarify Selection” menu with one item in it every time you click on a unambiguous item.

In the corner case all my change does is prevent us from asking: do you want to drag the corner of a and b, or do you want to drag the corner of b and a, when in fact the two have identical semantics).  Everything after the menu (no matter which item you click) is exactly the same.

Same with U and I.  My change has no effect on what is selected, it just keeps us from asking: do you want to select the trivial connection containing a or do you want to select the trivial connection containing b, when in fact both a and b are on the same trivial connection.  Again, everything after the menu (no matter which item you click) is exactly the same.

Cheers,
Jeff.