desired layer sequence for pcb technical layers

Hi all,

Right now, we have conflicting "desired order" for technical layers in
various places.

The layer widget displays "front first", i.e. F.Paste before B.Paste, F.Fab
before B.Fab, etc.

Everywhere else in the codebase is "back first".
This leads to this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1673792
because the properties dialog is using LSET::UIOrder() which uses the
"preferred" back first ordering.

Which way should we actually have it?  "front first" makes sense to me, and
that is the precedent set in the most user-visible part (the layer manager)
but then why in LSET::Technicals() is there a comment saying the desired
order is "back first"?

-Jon

Follow ups