Re: COMPONENT_TREE performance

Gaurav asked for examples using Qt: Eagle.
As they implemented their awkward UI across all OS, I see no problems whatsoever for Kicad.

Having done multiplatform / multiarchitecture releases with Qt, I can confirm it was totally stable and automatized.

Wayne is correct, a huge amount of effort will go into the switch. At the same time there are numerous threads on this list about wx behaving differently on the platforms, you need to maintain patches, are bound to python 2 and what not.
I can’t remember that much hassle from Qt, and that was with Qt 3.

Olivers Idea is most practical: Where can we add griefs, pros and cons?

Jörg