Re: Hotkeys Editor

Hi!

On 2018-01-11 02:07, Seth Hillbrand wrote:
> I don't recall when this change happened but I'd like any feedback on whether folks are adverse
> to reverting to the 4.0.7 tabbed layout while keeping the "Reset" and "Defaults" buttons,
> that I think are really good additions.

I agree, but I still don't understand why we don't use the huge screen real-estate we have nowadays on our desks and display all of them in one table with i.e. four columns. It would be easy then to check the hotkeys across all tools without changing tabs.
The Buttons "Default" might become "Reset all Hotkeys to Kicad's defaults. Are you sure Y/N?"
The Buttons "Reset" might become "Reset to previous settings" - but that might simply be the "Cancel" button.

The menu entry Help -> List Hotkeys seems redundant to Preferences -> Hotkey Options -> Edit Hotkeys.
One of the dialogs might be removed.
In the latest-git, the Hotkey '?' doesn't work for me. I get a beep, when I am lucky... usually it is just ignored.

In Eeschema, the Help -> List Hotkeys doesn't show the '?'
There the Hotkey-Editor can be reached via Preferences -> General Options -> Controls Tab...

GUI consistency would improve UX a lot. These are IMO the low-hanging fruits to attract users to use Kicad.

Regards,

Clemens