Re: eeschema Save

What is the problem with saving ALL schematics in the project that have
been edited, whether it's a 1 sheet or heirarchy sheet project?
Are there times when you only want to save that sheet but not the other
sheets? If yes, then maybe add 2 save buttons, save and save all, if not
then just the save all button

I am against using schematic icon with a disk, too much complexity!

You should simply use:
Disk icon for Save
and/or
Multi-Disk icon for Save All

There is no purpose in indicating that you want to save a schematic in a
schematic application when calling for a Save.