Re: KiCad (macOS) wxWidgets fork

On 01/14/2018 03:42 PM, Bernhard Stegmaier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after the discussion [1] some while ago (sorry, have been busy since
> then) Nick created a fork of wxWidgets in KiCad GitHub.
> Before I start to create an (at least initial) branch, I’d like to get
> some agreements/opinions.
>
> 1) Branch name
> wxWidgets has a lot of branches (I’ll see if we can delete what we don’t
> need).
> To be consistent to the usual development flow, I’d propose to add the
> patches new branches.
> I’d name them
>   KiCad_<original branch name>
> If we want to emphasise that this is only for macOS, we could also use
>   KiCad_macOS_<original branch name>
> Opinions, decisions (@Wayne)?

We should make it obvious that it is a branch of wxwidgets for kicad
specifically patched for macos to avoid any confusion.  It should
definitely be hosted on the KiCad EDA project on github.  If you don't
have access privileges there, please let me know.  I'll leave the
details up to macos devs as to how best to approach this.