Re: KiCad And Quces

On 16 January 2018 at 20:10, José Ignacio <jose.cyborg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In case you didn't get to try it yet, the development version of kicad
> already includes integration with a very good simulator, ngspice. That may
> already do everything you need.

Qucs is way more than (ng)spice, integrating the qucsator simulator
engine would benefits KiCAD.
This would allow to simulate PCB layout and open the door to
parameterised layout. AFAIK, one of the main Qucs focus is RF
simulation.

A tighter KiCAD/Qucs/GnuCAP would be highly beneficial to the community.

Maybe you're planning to talk about that at FOSDEM .

My 2 cents,
Chris

CC qucs-devel, but I doubt the cross-posting will work for everyone.