Re: Future plans on the KiCad library releases?

Hi Maciej,

> I can easily imagine a message saying: "Why do you guys modify my
> perfectly organized symbol library table when I update the libraries
> package? I have carefully picked the libraries that are useful to me, so
> I do not need to go through a long list when selecting components. Now I
> need to reorganize them again!".
>
> Just saying that one size does not fit everyone. Perhaps there is a
> smarter solution in between, like a possibility to import/export
> sym-lib-table. This way one can easily update the official library list
> if needed, and otherwise the table is not touched.
This is pretty much what I proposed, namely to put an explicit entry in
the global list which says "Include all libraries in this dir", or
"Include all libraries in this external table". You can still remove
that entry and include individiual libraries, which will then stay just
like you configured them.

The alternative, which I think you're afraid I'm proposing would indeed
be to do some kind of magic transformations to a library table just
based on the paths of each library, and that does not seem a good idea
to me either.

Gr.

Matthijs