Re: FYI: Horizon

I tested LibrePCB and it has a neat library manager as well and is
available as a neat Qt-appimage. The schematic editor is good apart from
lack of some features. Also schematic and pcb stays always in sync.
With a bit of searching one can find a few presentations about the
background and design [1], [2].

It could be a good moment to discuss with Horizon and LibrePCB authors
about converging library formats (if not more). That would benefit all
of us greatly. Currently their formats are pretty close to Kicad's, but
with some additional smartness.

-Vesa

[1]
https://www.cosin.ch/fahrplan/2016/system/event_attachments/attachments/000/002/879/original/LibrePCB_Cosin.pdf