Re: DRC markers and small(ish) screens

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 11:31:57AM -0500, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> We have an unwritten policy about not spending precious development time
> fixing small display issues.  This is a never ending issue because users
> seem to think that we should support their 800X600 display resolution
> forever.  If you feel the need to fix it and it doesn't break the
> behavior for users with modern resolution displays and/or multiple
> displays, by all means fix it.  I just don't want us to get hung up on
> resolving small display issues.

To help being less generic about "screen issues" perhaps it would help to
stick with the KiCad requirements:

http://kicad-pcb.org/help/system-requirements/

> Screen resolution of 1024x768 works but, 1280x1024 or higher is
> recommended, with at least 16K colors (with 1024x768 some buttons may
> result hidden but corresponding commands should be reachable via menu
> anyway).

if the problem is present anyway even if the screen should be supported,
than it is a real issue, else it is just that the system is under spec.

Regards,

--

Marco Ciampa

 GNU/Linux User #78271