Re: Loading symbol libraries

On 01/26/2018 07:49 AM, jp charras wrote:
> Le 25/01/2018 à 16:24, Jeff Young a écrit :
>> More performance enhancements:
>>
>> 1) Edit Symbol gets similar fix as Place Symbol
>> 2) progress-dialog-updating reduced to once every 50ms
>> 3) SearchText gets lazy normalization
>> 4) translation of typeNames and default fieldNames reduced to a single time
>>
>> These fixes speed first-load-time of both Edit Symbol and Place Symbol by a factor of 3, and
>> second-load-time of Edit Symbol to near-instantaneous.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jeff.
>
> Hi Jeff,
>
> It looks good to me.
> I did not find any issue with this patch.
>
> I am waiting for more tests.

I just tested this and it looks good to me.  It's had to believe that
the translation lookup was causing that big of a performance hit.  Nice
work!

@JP, did you check to make sure translations are correct when switching
locales?

@Orson, are you ok with the changes to the LIB_MANAGER and
LIB_MANAGER_ADAPTER objects.

If all of this checks out, I will merge this patch.

Cheers,