Re: spaces not allowed in SCH library nicknames

Le 26/01/2018 à 23:11, Jeff Young a écrit :
> It is a great idea.  I hope it pans out….

I perhaps missed something, but the only one reason spaces are not accepted in component lib names
(component lib_id) is the fact the space breaks the compatibility with old kicad versions.

I don't think the patch fix this compatibility problem.

For me there is a more basic and more natural way to allow spaces:
double quote the component lib name, but *only* if it contains spaces (like many strings in
kicad_pcb files), when saving the .sch files, because anyway these files will be not compatible with
old kicad versions.

And of course read a quoted component lib name as only one word.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS