Re: Dealing with multifunction pins (Symbol)

Hi Augusto,

On 30.01.2018 16:01, Augusto Fraga Giachero wrote:

> I've been designing schematics with some stm32 parts using the standard
> Kicad libraries, and a lot of these microcontrollers has 10+ functions
> multiplexed in each I/O pin. In the standard library the symbols
> displays all possible configurations available to each pin, I understand
> the motivation of this choice (not having to refer to the datasheet
> every time you want choose an I/O for some specific functionality), but
> this results in very large symbols occupying the page.

That is one of the reasons why I started on the pin table.

In v4 and v5, this table is read-only and only useful for verification.

In v6, I'd like to add

 - generation of "box-with-pins" style components from table
 - multiple configurations per pin (the table is already somewhat
prepared for that)
 - configuration constraints (e.g. pins for a functionality group switch
together)
 - pin and unit swap constraints
 - configurable ERC constraints
 - generation of partial components
 - CSV import
 - pin mapping export to VHDL and C

If you want to help there, you are more than welcome, because most of
this list I had planned for v5 already, and I'm not really much further
on that.

   Simon