Schematic symbol chooser clarification

Hey!

I just spent some time trying to "debug" a library non-issue with a EE switching from Altium for a test. He had added the libraries correctly, and they showed up. But everytime he tried adding a symbol to the schematic, no symbols was there. We sent pictures back and forth, and indeed the libraries added, but did not show up.

To make a long hassle short, turns out the shortcut "P" is used to place symbols in Altium, but to place Power symbols in kicad. This is not an issue, however, there is no indication at all that the symbol chooser is actually filtered or limited when using the shortcut key.

I think there could be benefits of adding some kind of visualization to the symbol chooser that the list is limited to only power symbols, maybe just changing the window title to something like "Choose Power Symbol" or the more general term of adding the filter to the window name. Let me know what you think

- Kristoffer

Follow ups