Re: KiCad talk at FOSDEM

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 2:30 PM, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Thank you everyone for the feedback.  Unfortunately I only have 20 minutes
> for my talk so I have to fit in what I can.  I could easily have filled up
> a 1 hour talk and still needed more time.  I actually spend most of my time
> talking about KiCad outside of my presentation.  At 7PM last night I was
> talking to the LibreSpace[1] project and found out there is a board
> designed with KiCad orbiting earth.  How awesome is that!  It's more fun
> for me to see all of the great things users are doing with KiCad.  I think
> that's more

Perhaps we need to push for a meeting format that better meets our needs
rather than try to shoe horn into an existing slot.

My main concern about the donation amount is that at some point kicad will
be big enough to need a some what more formal
legal presence. Form a non-profit with a board of directors so you can do
things like hold trademarks and sue people. We may
have reached that point already. It is the last thing most developers want
to deal with but otherwise you become a easy target.

John Eaton