Re: [Kicad-doc-devs] string change proposal

> On Feb 7, 2018, at 5:09 AM, Marco Ciampa <ciampix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I am not a native english,

Your English is better than my Italian!

> so I think it is better to ask even for small phrases:
>
> Here:
>
> #. type: Plain text
> #: kicad.adoc:246
> msgid ""
> "You may define your favorite text editor and PDF viewer. These settings are "
> "used whenever you want to open a text or PDF file."
>
> I would have written it in a more esplicit way like:
>
> "You may define your favorite text editor and PDF viewer. These settings are "
> "used by KiCad whenever you want to open a text or PDF file from the inside "
> "of any of the KiCad tools."
>
> Comments?

In general, I’m a fan of being as explicit and clear as possible. But, in this case, I think the user should be aware that s/he’s setting something from within Kicad, and as such that setting is only relevant when interacting with a Kicad tool.

-a

Follow ups