Re: [Kicad-doc-devs] string change proposal

Hi,

Am 08.02.2018 um 01:06 schrieb Nick Østergaard:
> I also thinks that adding "by Kicad" does not add any information. It
> only complicates the already long description.

I disagree here and think the attempt of Marco is correct. Slightly
modifications of translated strings I've done several times in the past
for German exact for that reason Marco is mentioning.

Please keep in mind that experienced users probably don't really read
the full text of the various information strings as they have seen this
for several times already.
But the not well experienced or new users have problems on these not
specific information or hints. I've meet people who asked me things that
are not explained well enough. Even me it happens that I need to look
sometimes into the code to see and understand whats going on here.

There is always a main question for doing things, which one is using
this in the end. GUI parts are made for users, algorithms are for coders
and programmers.

The Python folks have there own Zen of Python [1], one of there rule is

"Explicit is better than implicit."

that was coming directly to my mind while I've read Marcos question.

[1] https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0020/

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert