Re: UI changes for 5.0?

On 02/09/2018 08:00 AM, Marco Ciampa wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 09, 2018 at 07:34:41AM +0100, Carsten Schoenert wrote:
>> Am 09.02.2018 um 01:54 schrieb Wayne Stambaugh:
>>> For the libs, docs, and translations, I'm ok if we hold off tagging
>>> until the stable release if that works for you.
>>
>> Correct as this needs to be done by the respective sub parts like the
>> documentation or library team(s).
>
> I agree.
>
> Please consider that there are documenters that have just updated some
> screenshots and so they probably will have to update some more because
> of these UI changes.

The changes proposed by Jeff are not that disruptive. It is just adding
'...' or changing Cancel->Close, so I guess it is not a big deal for the
users. Obviously it is better to have pictures showing dialogs and menus
exactly as you find them in the software, but I suppose nobody will even
notice that a button is labeled 'Close' instead of 'Cancel'.

Regards,
Orson