Re: Another performance patch....

On 2/9/2018 1:41 AM, Carsten Schoenert wrote:
> Am 09.02.2018 um 01:35 schrieb Jeff Young:
>> Ping.
>>
>> Any thoughts on patching wxWidgets for other platforms?
>
> If you are talking about other Linux platforms then please do this in a
> way the user hasn't to deal with changes to system folders, this isn't
> really possible nor usable on systems which using package managers for
> dealing with installed software. And I know only LFS (Linux from
> Scratch) which hasn't a package manager.
>
> And, please upstream any changes, if upstream don't want to accept your
> changes they probably have strong and good reasons to not apply your
> changes (at least for this specific released version).

I second this motion.  We really shouldn't be in the business of
maintaining our own custom version of wxWidgets.  I relaize macos is a
problem child for wx but we should be helping ourselves by getting wx to
accept and maintain any issues that have not already been fixed
upstream.  Hopefully the next release of wx will be a bit more usable on
macos than the 3.0 branch and that the current situation of maintaining
our own wx branch for macos is temporary.