Re: Improving Eagle Import netlist matching

Hi Russell,

Thank you for the patch. I should have thought about one issue earlier,
but the current approach solves the problem only for single sheet
schematics. If you create a zone with a net that exists only in a
subsheet, then such case will not be handled correctly, i.e. zone will
have NET_NAME assigned, whereas in eeschema the same net will be named
/Sheet2/NET_NAME and cannot be easily corrected.

Perhaps we are making it too complicated. As far as I know, all nets in
Eagle are global and there are no complex hierarchies, so the natural
choice would be using global labels to name all nets. Visually it might
look a bit differently than the original schematics, but the
connectivity data should be valid. Does it make sense?

I apologize for late report, but I thought about the problem just now
while playing with your patch and I verified it.

Regards,
Orson