Re: Getting kicad to work with wxPython Phoenix

Hello Wayne,

as Nick has written about a different part in this thread ...

Am 24.11.17 um 14:00 schrieb Wayne Stambaugh:
> I'm surprised there is no RFP for phoenix yet given that it will (has)
> become the replacement for wxpython.  wxpython is a dead code base as
> far as I know.  I certainly can create an RFP for phoenix but I am in no
> position to actually help with the packaging.

Everybody can open up a RFP in Debian, so $somebody just needs to it. :-)

But, in the between time a ITP (Intent To Package) was opened for
wxpython4.0 [1] some days ago. And since a few days a prepared binary
package set is waiting in NEW [2] to get processed by the FTP Masters.
So there is some light out there. ;)

The upload was addressed into unstable so it should get into unstable
and a few days later into testings once it gets accepted.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/888554
[2] https://ftp-master.debian.org/new/wxpython4.0_4.0.1+dfsg-1.html

--
Regards