Re: [RFC] Change to object visibility system for usability/clarity

Jon, thanks for clarifying the cases. I hadn't thought about Wayne's
suggestion that way, and it does seem to make sense to me more than mine,
however I don't think the Render tab's items should be checked/modified
when Visibility is checked/modified.
For example, if I want to turn off Front Cu layer, and my Front Pads is
checked, then unchecking Front Cu will hide all Front layer copper
including Front Pads, however the checkbox for the Front Pads would remain
checked. It's about choosing which item types to show should their layer be
set to VISIBLE, not about trying to manipulate item types based on which
layer is turned on or off. What if I don't want to show front pads, but
need to toggle Front Cu, it'd be a hassle to uncheck Front Pads everytime
Front Cu is checked.

While you're modifying the Render tab, can you please re-order the items in
the list? Front and Bottom pads of the same item type should stick together
in the list, and perhaps place the most used items at the top.

--
Remember The Past, Live The Present, Change The Future
Those who look only to the past or the present are certain to miss the
future [JFK]

kandrey89@xxxxxxxxx
Live Long and Prosper,
Andrey