IPC-2581

Does Kicad have anyone working with these folks?

Found this on semiwiki.com

Hemant enthusiastically replied, *“We encourage anyone interested in
improving board design processes to join the consortium – there is no fee,
and no contracts. There are both corporate and associate levels of
membership, based upon the level of participation of interest. Our web site
provides lots of information, including the current approved standard and
the discussion underway for new enhancements in the next revision.”*

http://www.ipc2581.com/articles-and-blogs/

*“Also, at the upcoming IPC APEX EXPO 2018 conference, designers, EDA
companies, and manufacturing and assembly houses will be sharing a wealth
of information on IPC-2581.” *http://www.ipcapexexpo.org/html/default.htm

IPC-2581 is clearly not “just another standard”, in reference to Professor
Tanenbaum’s quote. This activity has already improved processes and
procedures for PCB design data exchange and release, *saving money*. Its
adoption will undoubtedly (and rapidly) become more pervasive.

John Eaton

Follow ups