Re: RPATH issue on _pcbnew.so

On 25/02/18 10:37, Carsten Schoenert wrote:
the build and installation is just fine, the issue is that this file has
a RUNPATH set to folder there it was compiled. It should have*no*  RUNPATH.

I'm not understanding this thread 100% so apologies if this misses the point.

RPATH is set by default by CMake in the build folder and then the RPATH is removed by the CMake install script during installation.

The explanation is here: https://cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_RPATH_handling

If this is a source build and install, you need to be checking the rpath on the installed file, not the build directory file.

If this is a packaging toolset for debian, I'm unfamiliar, however it seems strange to run lintian on the build files instead of the installed (presumably installed on a chroot) files.