Packaging question

Now that 5.0.0-rc1 is out, I'd like to ask how this should be packaged.

In particular, I'm using Fedora, and my private builds are built based on the mechanisms from the "fedora-packaging" repo on github.  However, the "fedora-packaging" repo still pulls in the "kicad-libraries" repo from kicad 4.  I think that should probably change at this point.

In my private version of "fedora-packaging", I've removed the "kicad-libraries" repo from the build, and added the "kicad-symbols" and "kicad-footprints" repos to the build.

Are there plans to update the official "fedora-packaging" repo along similar lines, and if so, is there someone I might work with on that?  Also, do packaging discussions happen on this mailing list or on a different list?

One final question - does the kicad team guide package development on each of the various distros, or is it up to each distro owner to sort out how to best package the project for their distro?

I don't want to step on any toes - I just want to help if possible.

	Steve

Follow ups