Re: Packaging question

> Stephen,
>
> I would say that you should pull from HEAD of each library.  This will
> probably be acceptable up to the stable release.  At this point we will
> have to tag each repo.  Are any of our library devs planning on doing any
> major reorganization of the libraries between now and the stable release?
> If so, than we may want to tag the library repos for rc1.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Wayne
>
> On 02/25/2018 09:43 AM, Steven A. Falco wrote:
>
>> Now that 5.0.0-rc1 is out, I'd like to ask how this should be packaged.
>>
>> In particular, I'm using Fedora, and my private builds are built based on
>> the mechanisms from the "fedora-packaging" repo on github.  However, the
>> "fedora-packaging" repo still pulls in the "kicad-libraries" repo from
>> kicad 4.  I think that should probably change at this point.
>>
>> In my private version of "fedora-packaging", I've removed the
>> "kicad-libraries" repo from the build, and added the "kicad-symbols" and
>> "kicad-footprints" repos to the build.
>>

> Don't forget kicad-templates and kicad-packages3d.
>

>> Are there plans to update the official "fedora-packaging" repo along
>> similar lines, and if so, is there someone I might work with on that?
>> Also, do packaging discussions happen on this mailing list or on a
>> different list?
>>

> I would think so.  I know the debian distro packaging is going to be this
> way.  Would one of our fedora package devs care to comment on this?

I thought I alread did by replying earlier. But I see now that my inline
comment did not really answer that question explicitly. I want to keep it
update, but upstream fedora packagers have been unresponsive for the kicad
package last time. I guess they were just busy. IMHO it is best to have the
package scripts converge a bit more. But please send patches to the scripts
such that we can get the nighlies updated and tested properly.